Monday, November 19, 2012

The Lord's Anointed

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:11 "But the Lord forbid that I should lay a hand on the Lord's anointed.  Now get the spear and water jug that are near his head, and let's go".

Observation:

Saul, the king anointed by God through the prophet Samuel, was chasing David for a long time wanting to kill him.  At this point David came into Saul's camp at night while everyone was asleep and Abishai, David's servant wanted to kill him and get revenge.  David stops Abishai and tells him that he should not lay a hand on the Lord's anointed.  I see here that David remained submissive to God's will, even when God's choice for a king was trying to kill him.

Application:

What God has ordered, we need to submit to.  If God has a person in a position of authority, we need to treat it as David did.  He wasn't going to let Saul kill him, but he also wasn't going to try to destroy Saul because he knew God had anointed Saul to be king at that time.  David did not want to interfere with the hand of God working.  He trusted God and we must do the same.  If we really believe that God orders our steps, we would treat our employers differently.  We would see them as God's oversight in our lives at this point.  We must come to the place where we trust God with our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be submissive to your will and not take things into my own hands.  You are perfect and know what is best for me.  Help me take my battles to prayer instead of in my own hands.  You are trustworthy and you do take vengeance on Your enemies.  Help me trust You more, even in the things I don't understand.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment