Thursday, November 15, 2012

So I Gave in to Them

Scripture:

I Samuel 15:24  "Then Saul said to Samuel, 'I have sinned.  I violated the Lord's command and your instructions.  I was afraid of the men, so I gave in to them'".

Observation:

Saul had been commanded by God to utterly destroy the Amalekites.  He decided to destroy alomist everything, but to save the best flock to bring back as an offering to God for His blessings and victory.  It seemed like a good thing to do and his men were apparently telling him it was a good idea, but it was not what God had asked of them.  In his explanation to Samuel about what had happened, Saul says he was afraid of the men so he gave in to them.

Application:

How many times do we give in to what we know is not God's best because we are afraid of man and what they might think about us?  Saul lost his kingdom because he didn't fully follow the Lord's commands.  He lost everything because of partial obedience and he even had a great explanation of how he was doing it for the Lord, in order to bring the best sacrifices and offering to the Lord.  The bottom line is that obedience brings blessing and disobedience brings disaster.  We must follow through on what the Lord asks us to do and not be afraid of man.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for Your word.  It speaks to me daily and empowers my life.  Help me to not give in on things I know I have heard from You.  Help me to finish the work you have for me with excellence and to fulfill Your desire for my life.  I surrender to You and Your will.  Strengthen me to follow it completely and not fear any person.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment