Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So Your Daily Life Will Win Respect

Scripture:

I Thessalonians 4:11-12 "and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Thessalonians and is giving them practical things to do in following the Lord until He comes again.  He lets them know that Jesus is coming again, and also tells them how to live between now and then.  He tells us to live a quiet life, mind your own business and work hard so that our daily lives earn the respect of those around us.

Application:

Our daily lives need to be earning the respect of those around us.  They should look at our lives and not tell us what a great preacher we are, but how great of lives we live.  He tells us that quiet, peaceful lives earn respect from those around us.  We should have more peace than those unbelievers around us because the Prince of Peace lives in us.  May our every day lives earn the respect of those around us.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to live a quiet and peaceful life that brings you glory and earns the respect of the community around me.  I want my life to be a life well-lived.  Help me to have your attitude, thoughts and ways.  Teach me to walk closer with you, that I may reflect you in the simplest parts of my everyday life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment