Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Banished

Scripture:

II Samuel 14:14 "Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die.  But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him".

Observation:

This woman from Tekoa was sent by Joab, the king's closest friend and confidant, to deliver a message that would cause David to take Absalom back.  Absalom had spent over three years banished from the kingdom for killing Amnon and Joab felt David needed to let him come back home.  In her speaking to David, the woman from Tekoa says, "God.. devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him".

Application:

God loves us and doesn't want us to be banished from Him.  It is not His desire for any of us to be separated from Him.  He devises ways to get the banished back home where they belong.  In seeing this trait of God, I need to see others the same way.  If God is always trying to get the banished back, I must have the same ideals.  Restoration of relationship is always at the heart of God and should be in our hearts as well.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to have Your heart that welcomes the banished back home and actually devises plans so they don't remain banished.  Help me to love those who have hurt me and to welcome them into my life.  Teach me to love like You love and to desire what You desire.  You are amazing!  Help me be more like You today.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment