Monday, July 18, 2011

This Great Wilderness

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 2:7 "For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. he has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing".

Observation:

In the beginning of Deuteronomy, Moses is recounting Israel's wandering in the wilderness. He is re-telling the story of all God did for His people. It should have only taken 11 days to walk through the wildness into the Promised Land, but the people of God took forty years because of their disobedience. Even during this time of God's punishment, it says, "He has watched your every step through this great wilderness". It says "the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing". Even during the time of their punishment and 40 year wilderness excursion, God was with the people of Israel and prospered them.

Application:

God sees everything. He knows all! Even when we feel like we are in a wilderness, He is right there with us. He provides for us, even when we don't deserve it. This morning I feel like this was a Rhema word for me personally. It was a reminder to me that He is with me and has watched everything that has ever happened in my life. He knows every detail and He has been with me through every difficulty. He has had His eye on me through every step of my life!

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for speaking to me this morning. You are faithful! You are good and I love you. Help me to always see the positive in every situation. Help me to be a person of faith. Thanks for reminding me that You are with me and I have never once slipped out of your sight. You are amazing!

Your Son,

jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment