Friday, July 8, 2011

God's Food

Scripture:

Numbers 28:2 "Give these instructions to the people of Israel: The offerings you present as special gifts are a pleasing aroma to me; they are my food. See to it that they are brought at the appointed times and offered to my instructions".

Observation:

God was instituting a sacrificial system in Israel to provide for the atonement of their sins. He was about to give them dates, times, and procedures for offering Him sacrifices. As He was implementing this, He makes a statement that is powerful, "the offering you present as special gifts are a pleasing aroma to me; they are my food". God tells them that their special gifts to Him are pleasing to Him and are His food. From this I see that God loves to be first in our lives and to be honored by us. It is a sweet aroma to Him and His food when His children bring Him special gifts. What we do for the Lord is His food and smells good to Him.

Application:

I realize we are under grace and because of Jesus we are no longer under this old sacrificial system, but I also see how pleased God is when His people bring Him special gifts and sacrifices. It is special to the Lord when His people place Him first above everything else in their lives. He is thrilled when His people live His way and honor Him with their gifts. Though we don't have to offer sacrifices according to the verses that follow in Numbers, God is honored when we give our all for Him. It is His food and a sweet aroma to Him. Your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed. God has seen it and it has blessed Him!

Prayer:

Lord, let my life bring you glory. I know You have seen the sacrifices in my life and it has been a pleasing aroma. You have seen the sacrifices and it has fed You good food. Thanks for letting me know this morning how special sacrifice is to You. I know that obedience is better than sacrifice, but in my obedience I know You see the sacrifice. Help me obey You better and offer You my life as a special offering.

Yours Completely,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment