Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Only What God Speaks

Scripture:

Numbers 22:38 "Balaam replied, 'Look, now I have come, but I have no power to say whatever I want, I will speak only the message that God puts in my mouth.'"

Observation:

Balaak was prepared to pay Balaam anything he wanted if Balaam would just curse Israel. Balaak knew that what Balaam cursed was cursed and what he blessed was blessed. Balaam spoke the best words any prophet, pastor, leader, could speak. "I have no power to say whatever I want, I will speak only the message that God puts in my mouth". He realized that he could speak other things, but his words would be powerless unless the Lord had ordered his words.

Application:

I want to be a person who speaks or preaches messages put in my mouth by God and not out of my own spirit or flesh. Many people today just operate out of the mind and say "good words" that may not be "God words". May we go back to seeking the Lord until we have a message burning in our hearts from Him. The church is always better off hearing what God is speaking instead of what a pastor or leader thinks needs to be spoken. Many people today would have taken Balaak's money and spoke the words he wanted him to because it would appear to be God's blessing financially. Appearance is not reality. We must know we are hearing from God and speak what He is speaking.

Prayer:

Father, when I speak, let it be the oracles of God. Let Your voice be heard clearly through my voice. Let me say what You want me to say and only what You want me to say. Give me ears to hear Your voice clearly that I may speak Your word with accuracy. You are amazing and I want to be a mouthpiece for You.

Yours,

Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment