Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living Long and Prosperous

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 5:33 "Stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy'.

Observation:

When the children of Israel were on their way into the promised land, God gave them a simple plan to follow so they could have long and prosperous lives. His plan was to "stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow". He said when they did that simple thing He would bless them and cause them to be prosperous.

Application:

Obedience is better than sacrifice! God loves it when His children obey Him fully and completely. When we obey Him we are trusting Him with our lives and He loves this. God is not hard to please. Just do things the way He wants you to and he will bless Your life and make you prosperous. We have many teaching about how to get prosperity today, but the crux of the matter is simply, "obey God in every area of your life". As I tell my children often, "obedience brings blessing".

Prayer:

Lord, I want to obey You fully and completely. Help me to follow you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. You are my God and I want to be the best servant I can. Be my master. Speak to me and I will follow You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment