Saturday, November 2, 2019

Expressing Excellence

Scripture:

“may he work perfection into every part of you giving you all that you need to fulfill your destiny. And may he express through you all that is excellent and pleasing to him through your life-union with Jesus the Anointed One who is to receive all glory forever! Amen!”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:21‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews prays for God’s people and asks God to work perfection in them, giving them everything they need to fulfill their destinies.  He goes on to say, “may he express through you all that is excellent and pleasing to him through your life-union with Jesus the anointed one.”  Jesus wants to express through us what is pleasing to God.

Application:

When we co-labor with Christ, His will is going to be fulfilled.  We don’t have to do the work on our own, it is Christ’s work and He lives in us.  Our goal should be life-union with Christ, then He will bring us into our destiny.  My heart wants to work with Christ instead of working on my own for Christ.

Prayer:

Jesus, help me to work together with You instead of trying to work for You.  Help me to see what You are doing and to lend You a hand instead of trying to do everything myself.  Teach me to walk in step with You, letting Your power and glory strengthen me as I work together with You.  I want to live in life-union with You at all times.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment