Scripture:
“Wail, for the LORD’s day of judgment is near; it comes with all the destructive power of the sovereign judge.” Isaiah 13:6 NET
Observation:
God is a god of love, peace, joy, patience, and goodness, but He is also the God who will judge the living and the dead. His love can be trusted in beautifully, but so can His justice. In this passage, Isaiah delivers a warning to Babylon that destruction is coming and that God is going to judge them for their actions through the years.
Application:
God is to be loved, honored, worshiped, and also to be feared. He will stand as the judge of the whole earth one day and will judge the people of the earth. Right now we have a period of great grace where God is drawing people everywhere to Himself through His loving kindness. One day in the future, He will rule with a rod of iron and His enemies will be destroyed. We should live in the love of the Lord, but also the fear of the Lord.
Prayer:
Lord God ALmighty, You are great and glorious and I love You with all my heart. Help me nail the balance between the love of God, the mercy of God, and the judgment of God. Help me to accurately present You to the world as I preach Your word. Let me be precise in my preaching and teaching. I don’t want to misrepresent You in any way. I want to know You more each day.
Your Son,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment