Scripture:
“For “physical exercise has some value, but godliness is valuable in every way. It holds promise for the present life and for the life to come.”” 1 Timothy 4:8 NET
Observation:
Paul tells Timothy here that physical exercise has value, but godliness has more value because it is good for mow and for life in heaven. He tells Timothy to focus more on things that will be eternal than things that will go away on earth.
Application:
Physical exercise is good, but spiritual exercise is better. One makes us feel good now, the other works now and after we die as well. One is temporal and one is eternal. I like the fact that he doesn’t forbid exercise, he actually says it is valuable, but spiritual exercise is more valuable. We must take care of the temporal, while investing in the eternal part of us all the more. We need physical exercise, but we need spiritual exercise more.
Prayer:
Father, help me to be a balanced person. Help me to take care of the body You gave me to work with while on this earth. Help me to lose weight and get this physical body healthy so I can serve You better, stronger, and longer on earth. Teach me to prioritize the eternal in my life. I want to invest in my walk with You. I want to know You more.
Yours Always,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment