Thursday, September 17, 2026

A Crown of Righteousness

 Scripture:

“Finally the crown of righteousness is reserved for me. The Lord, the righteous Judge, will award it to me in that day – and not to me only, but also to all who have set their affection on his appearing.” ‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭NET‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing here to Timothy. It is his final letter as he is fast approaching his own death. He declared that a crown of righteousness was reserved for him when he graduates to heaven. He then completed his thought by saying that it was also reserved for all those who have free their affection on His appearing. That’s anyone who is looking affectionately for the Lord’s appearing. 

Application:

Have I set my affections on Christ’s appearing? Do I live to receive a crown of righteousness? Do I live for the temporal or the eternal? These are questions we must ask ourselves. As for me, I want to receive a crown of righteousness. I want to live on this earth with eternity in mind. I want to be about my father’s business till He comes again.

Prayer:

Lord, You are everything to me. You are my life. You are my source and my resource. You are my hope and my help. Teach me to live with my affections on Your appearing. Let me live a life that honors Your name and expects Your return. I want to take as many people to heaven with me as possible. Help me to be effective in everything You entrust me with.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment