Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Small Beginnings

Scripture:

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.” (The seven lamps represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world.)”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord is speaking to Zechariah concerning the building of the Temple.  He tells him not to despise the small beginnings because the Lord rejoices just seeing the work started.  God is more concerned with us starting the work He has given us than with seeing great things happen.  Small beginnings are beginnings.

Application:

I need to learn not to despise small beginnings and to realize that the Lord is more concerned about obedience than size, or anything else.  I need to be confident in the fact that I obeyed Him in starting things than in looking at their success or failure through human eyes or comparing with someone else’s success.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for this word today.  Help me to walk in it and to be more concerned about obedience than what other people are doing.  Teach me to value obedience more and more, over results.  I like to see the results of my labors, but I see this morning that obedience is more valuable.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment