Saturday, December 29, 2018

God’s Purifying

Scripture:

“I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’””
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭13:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zecharaiah here prophesies about a remnant who the Lord will bring through the fire and make them pure.  He says He will refine them like silver or gold and say they are His people.  God has always wanted the same thing, a group of people who would be purified and He could be their god and they would be completely His and His alone.

Application:

God is still looking for those who will completely and fully follow after Him.  He is still looking for a people He can purify and cleanse who will be completely yielded to Him.  His desire from the beginning has been for a people who would walk in righteousness and who would make Him their god.  He even sent His Son to make this happen and now we can be the righteousness of God and we can be purified and called holy.  He has given us everything we need to give Him what He desires.  I want to be one who fully and completely follows my Lord.

Prayer:

Father, purify my life.  Cleanse me from everything that doesn’t honor You.  Let my life bring You honor and praise.  I want to be completely Yours and want You to be my God.  Examine my life and show me what I need to work on.  Purify me Lord.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment