Thursday, December 27, 2018

Jesus Comes in Ways We Don’t Expect

Scripture:

“Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey— riding on a donkey’s colt.”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭9:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zecharaiah tells God’s people to rejoice and shout in triumph because their king was coming to them.  He lets them know that He won’t be coming in kings garments riding a stallion, but a humble servant riding a donkey.  Though riding a donkey, he is seen here as righteous and victorious.

Application:

You can’t put God in a box.  He will demonstrate His power through what seems simple.  He will raise up those who are simple and will come through in a way we do not expect.  We must learn to trust God in our lives because He always comes through, but He also come through in ways we don’t expect.  Instead of telling God what we expect Him to do, I need to trust God to come as He wants to and work in my life according to His plans.

Prayer:

Father, I yield myself to You.  Sometimes I don’t understand what You are doing or why, but help me to walk in yielded submission to You at all times.  Help me not to complain because You are not doing what I want You to, but to surrender to Your will always.  Help me not to think I know better than You what needs to happen next in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment