Thursday, December 20, 2018

Live Like He is Coming Quickly

Scripture:

“The one who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:20‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus, at the end of the book of Revelation, declares that He is coming quickly and then John responds by saying “Come, Lord Jesus!”  There is a definite promise here that Christ will return and that His return will be quick.  The problem is found in the definition of quick.  Quick has now turned into 2000 years, which makes His return much sooner than it was then.

Application:

If we believe the words of John and Jesus in the book of Revelation, we should live every day like it was our last.  We should live expecting the quick and imminent return of Jesus Christ.  Our minds should daily be reminded of His coming and what will happen at that point.  I need to live every day like I knew Christ was coming that evening.  I need to make the most of every opportunity because of the season I am living in.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live and witness for You like it was my last day on earth and I knew You were coming that evening.  Help me, with urgency, to proclaim Your Gospel.  Remind me throughout each day of Your return and my future in You.  Help me to make the most of each day You give me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment