Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Prophetic "IF"

Scripture:

Zechariah 6:15  "Those who are far away will come and help to build the temple of the Lord, and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.  This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God".

Observation:

Zechariah gave this message and within this message is the simple prophetic word "IF".  Scripture is full of prophetic "IFs".  Most prophecy contains an if, but we generally look at it as if it must happen because it was spoken.  Prophecy usually shows us the heart of God and what He wants to do for us, but then there is an "IF" that brings our obedience into the equation.  In this case, the promise is that people from far away will come and help build the temple, the problem is that it is conditional upon the obedience of God's people.

Application:

The prophetic "IF" is hard for us to deal with.  When we walk in complete obedience to the Lord, all of the "IFs" are removed and we will see the fulfillment of the prophetic promises.  God's job is to take care of the fulfillment, our job is to take care of the "IF".  As we walk in daily obedience to the Lord, His word will come to pass in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, I want Your will accomplished in my life.  I don't want Your will stopped up because I didn't take care of the "IFs" in my life.  Help me walk in complete obedience.  I want to see the fulfillment of all You have promised me and put in my heart.  Help me uphold my end of the deal.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment