Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Laughter

Scripture:

Genesis 21:6 "Sarah said, 'God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me'".

Observation:

Sarah had just given birth to Isaac at ninety years of age with a husband of a hundred.  She said, "God has brought me laughter" and actually named her son Isaac, which means "laughter".  She associated the blessing and promise of God with laughter.

Application:

Today it seems that the more they grow in God, the less they laugh.  When they first meet Jesus, joy fills their hearts and they overflow with laughter and joy in their new found relationship with Christ.  As they grow, things go wrong, Christian people treat them wrong, God doesn't give them something they want, etc. and their joy disappears.  Many Christians look miserable most of the time.  I want joy and laughter to always be a large part of who I am.  I want to live a life that makes the world wonder where I found such joy.  I want to still be laughing when I am ninety.

Prayer:

Lord, I know I have lost my smile and laughter to some degree this past year.  I want it back.  I want to enjoy life again.  I want to be filled with your joy in a very real sense as has been the hallmark of my life.  Help me smile more and laugh more once again.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment