Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Four Things God Doesn't Like

Scripture:

Zephaniah 3:2  "She obeys no one, she accepts no correction.  She does not trust in the Lord, she does not draw near to her God".

Observation:

In this passage, God is rebuking Jerusalem and pronouncing judgment on her.  Zephaniah is prophesying of the Day of the Lord that will come and judge the nations.  He speaks of judgment coming on the nations, then turns to Jerusalem and pronounces judgment because: "She obeys no one, she accepts no correction.  She does not trust in the Lord, she does not draw near to her God".  These four things are given as the main reason God is going to judge Jerusalem.

Application:

If we apply this to our lives in 2013, we would say that these four things are things we want in our lives to remain in the blessing of the Lord.  We must be humble enough to obey God and those who God puts over us in this life.  We must learn to accept correction and adjust when we are wrong.  We must learn to trust God in every area of our lives.  We also must be a people who draw near to the Lord.  When these four things are at work in a person, they will live under the blessing of God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in each of these four things.  I want to please You in every way.  Let my life bring you praise.  Humility and hunger for God are things I want in my life. Help me live my life in the way You want me to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment