Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Refreshing Hearts

Scripture:

Philemon 7  "Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people".

Observation:

Paul is writing to Philemon and asking him to accept back his former slave who had escaped, met Paul, and gave his heart to the Lord.  In the introduction of his letter, Paul says that his love has given Paul great joy because Philemon "refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people".  Apparently, Philemon allowed Christ's love and life to flow out of him to an obvious degree and people's hearts were refreshed because of it.

Application:

When people are describing me, would they say, "he refreshes the hearts of God's people"?  I want to be a refreshing stream or river that continually gives life to those around me.  I want the love of God to fill me up completely until joy and encouragement flow out of my life to as many other people as possible. 

Prayer:

Lord let me be a refresher of people's hearts.  Let my life bring encouragement to those around me.  Teach me to walk with You closer and let Your life fill mine with overflowing joy, that I may refresh hearts around me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment