Friday, October 4, 2013

The Awesomeness of God

Scripture:

Nahum 1:5  "The mountains quake before Him and the hills melt away.  The earth trembles at his presence, the world and all who live in it."

Observation:

Nahum is describing the Lord God Almighty and uses several pictures of His awesomeness as he is telling Ninevah about the judgment that is coming their direction from God.  In his description, Nahum says, "the mountains quake before Him and the hills melt away.  The earth trembles at his presence, the world and all who live in it."  His description of the Lord is awesome!

Application:

Do we really see God as the one who causes the whole earth to tremble?  Do we see Him as the one before whom the mountains tremble and the hills melt away?  Do we perceive God as the most awesome and powerful force in the universe or do we see Him as a God who once in a while does something to help us out of a bad situation?  We must begin to see God like the prophets saw Him.  We must see that God is powerful and can't be messed with.  He is the Almighty!  At his presence, the mountains quake and the earth trembles.  Nothing can stand before Him and He is my father.  Wow, what a thought!  He is the master of the universe and He is my father.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see You as You are.  You are awesome and to be feared above all gods.  You are mighty and everything quakes before you in your presence.  As I see Your incredible power, let me also see that You are my father and you love me.  Help me to see all that power guided toward me because of You great love for me.  You are amazing!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment