Tuesday, October 29, 2013

God's Omnipotence

Scripture:

Genesis 18:14 "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

Observation:

The word of the Lord came to Abraham and Sarah that they would have a child and would be "the father of many nations".  The problem was, Abraham was 99 years old and Sarah was 90.  They were way beyond child-bearing years and they knew it.  Sarah laughed when she heard the news that she was going to have a baby.  When she laughed, the Lord spoke to Abraham and said, "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?"

Application:

It seems lately that everywhere I turn, I hear "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?"  Prayer meetings, preaching meetings and personal meetings, all end up in the same words, "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?"  Apparently, God is trying to get my attention and is trying to increase my personal faith level.  It is like He is pushing me to trust Him more.  This morning I answer, no Lord, nothing is too difficult for You.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Help me to see You in a proper context.  In the context of Your awesome power.  I want to know You more and to see Your power in my generation.  I know You are able, I just want you to touch my generation with a mighty revival and awakening.  Demonstrate Your great power in my nation Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment