Friday, January 11, 2013

They Built and Prospered

Scripture:

II Chronicles 14:7b "The land is still ours, because we have sought the Lord our God; we sought Him and He has given us rest on every side.  So they built and prospered".

Observation:

King Asa of Judah was a good king who fully followed the Lord.  He was a God-seeker!  He knew that when you seek the Lord, He will defeat your enemies, bring you rest and prosper you.  In this passage you can see King Asa giving all the credit for his nation to the Lord.  He knew that it was God who fought his battles and not himself.  He also knew that when he sought the Lord and didn't try to lead on his own, they would have rest and prosperity that only God can bring.

Application:

I see in the Kings of Israel and Judah a theme that stands out to me.  Seek God and have His blessing and favor to defeat every enemy, bring prosperity, and have rest in your life or nation.  When  a king really sought the Lord, they would have peace and prosperity in their nation.  We must be people who seek the Lord and give Him the credit for all He does in our lives.  When we do, just like the Kings of Israel and Judah, we can expect the blessing of God on our lives.  We must seek Him!

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a God-seeker!  I want to be one who seeks You and gives you the praise You so rightly deserve.  I ask You to bless my church and ministry.  I ask You to be glorified in it so that Your name is glorified greatly when people talk about it.  I want my life to bring Your great glory.  Help me to seek You dilligently the rest of my days.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment