Wednesday, January 23, 2013

God's Gracious Hand

Scripture:

Ezra 7:9b-10  "for the gracious hand of his God was on him.  This was because Ezra had determined to study and obey the Law of the Lord and to teach those decrees and regulations to the people of Israel".

Observation:

Several times in the book of Ezra it records these words, "for the gracious hand of God was on him".  These are powerful words!  This instance tells why the gracious hand of God was on him.  It says it was because "Ezra had determined to study the Law of the Lord and to teach those decrees and regulations to the people of Israel".  Ezra was blessed because he determined to study God's word and to teach others the same.

Application:

God's word is so full of treasure and great things for our lives.  I believe that those who fall in love with God's word will receive God's blessing.  We must be as an Ezra who determines to study God's word diligently instead of just reading a verse here and there.  The New Testament tells us to "study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that doesn't need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth."  I want God's gracious hand on my life more and more.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  You are worthy to be praised!  Your word is life and health.  You word is powerful and alive.  You word has answers I need for life.  Help me to fall in love with it more and more.  I want to know You and Your Word more and more each day.  Let Your word truly be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment