Thursday, January 10, 2013

God's Disciplinary Plan and Purpose

Scripture:

II Chronicles 12:7b-8  "My wrath will not be poured out on Jerusalem through Shishak.  They will, however, become subject to him, so that they may learn the difference between serving Me and serving the kings of other lands".

Observation:

Rehoboam, Solomon's son, had become king of Judah and was not serving the Lord completely.  Egypt was coming into Judah and getting near to Jerusalem because of their disobedience.  The prophet Shemaiah came to him with a word from the Lord.  He said that God was not going to let Egypt destroy them, but that He was going to let them serve Shishak for a while so that they could see the difference between serving Him and serving other kings.  God's heart wasn't to punish them, but to let them see that serving Him was so much better.

Application:

God's disciplinary plan and purpose for our lives is always to bring us into right relationship with Him.  He knows that when we walk in obedience, we will see His blessing, which is what He wants to give us.  When we begin to go our own way, He will withdrawal His hand of blessing and let us do what we want.  He then lets us suffer the consequences, not to hurt us, but to let us see that serving Him is so much better.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in the fullness of Your supernatural blessing.  I want to serve You completely and see Your blessing manifest in my life.  Help me to be quick to obey and walk out Your desire for my life.  When I get off track, pull me back.  I want the blessing of Solomon and not the learning of Rehoboam.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment