Monday, January 14, 2013

Repair the Temple of the Lord

Scripture:

II Chronicles 24:5  "Go to the towns of Judah and collect the money due annually from all Israel, to repair the temple of your God.  Do it now".

Observation:

Joash was a very young king who loved the Lord and wanted to serve Him completely.  He wanted to restore the temple of the Lord.  He gathered together all of the priests and Levites and told them to go out and repair the temple of Lord and to gather the money to do it from the people.  He then added, "Do it now".  He wanted to repair the temple immediately.

Application:

This morning I feel like this was a Rhema word to me.  The words jumped off the page and into my heart.  It was like the Lord was saying just to me, "rebuild the temple of the Lord...do it now".  We have been working hard to repair and rebuild the church to be more effective in 2013.  I feel like the Lord is with us and wants us to move NOW strongly into a rebuilding phase where the church can become stronger and stronger, that it may be a great testimony to the Lord's goodness in this region.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  I want to build your kingdom in Loudoun County VA.  I want to repair and rebuild a church that will bring You great glory.  Help me as I endeavor to "do it now".  I need Your strength, wisdom, direction, and vision.  Give me insight and anoint me and our staff to do teh job You want done.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment