Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wise Advice for the Angry

Scripture:

Psalm 4:4 "Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent".

Observation:

David is reminding himself how to deal wisely with anger. Apparently, people were ruining David's reputation and telling all sorts of lies about him. He must have felt anger welling up in himself and made the decision not to be controlled by anger, but to think about it and make a wise decision.

Application:

When people get angry, they tend to lose control. One of the fruit of the Spirit is self-control. God wants His children to control anger and not allow anger to control them. He wants us to be mastered by nothing but the master. One way to control anger and not let it control you is to "think about it overnight and remain silent". The more we think about it, the less angry we remain and we don't make choices in our anger that we will regret later.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for Your word. It is life to me every day. Help me to remain silent and sleep on things that get me angry instead of acting in a way that I will later regret. I want to walk in the fruit of self-control / Spirit control. Help me to be a witness for You today. I want to see souls saved every day in my life. Help me to be bold in my witness.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment