Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Examine Me

Scripture:

Psalm 26:2 "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart".

Observation:

In this Psalm, David asks the Lord to examine him, prove him and to try his mind and heart. WOW! He is asking the King of Righteousness to examine him thoroughly all the way down to his heart and motives. David knew in his heart that he was living a life pleasing to the Lord. When there is nothing hidden and you know you have a pure heart, you don't resist inspection, you encourage it.

Application:

God wants us to live lives that are pure. In purity is power! When we ask the Holy Spirit to examine our lives, we may not like what we see. This process is extremely necessary. This desire David had should be the heart's desire of every Christian. We should constantly be asking God to examine us, prove us and try us. We should desire to be more like Christ every day and our lives should be growing closer and closer to the full image of Christ. In this way, we will begin to look more like Him every day.

Prayer:

Father, You are awesome! I love you with all my heart. You have been so good to me. Open up my heart and examine me this morning. Search me O God and show me the areas of my life that need to change. I want to be an excellent representation of You and Your kingdom. Help me to represent You well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment