Monday, December 19, 2011

The Source of Hope

Scripture:

Psalm 42:11 "Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God."

Observation:

The author of this Psalm apparently had experienced being down, discouraged, and full of anxiety. He said his soul was "disquieted" within him. This would mean there was no peace in his life at that point. He realizes the depressed state he was in and reminded himself to place his hope in God. He realized that in God there is hope and that God is the source of hope. He also understood that this was a temporary thing he was going through because he said, "yet shall I praise Him".

Application:

When Satan tried his best to get us down and discouraged, we need to put our hope in God, who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all we could ask or imagine. We must be a people who don't allow discouragement to get a root in our lives. When we feel it coming, we must hope in God. He is able to deliver from every situation. He is our strength and source of hope.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and your love is everlasting. Thank you for adopting me into Your family. You are the source of my strength and the joy in my heart. You keep me from destruction and cause me to triumph. You are amazing! I put my hope in You this morning.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment