Monday, December 12, 2011

A Pure Heart

Scripture:

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer".

Observation:

In this passage I see David's heart of wanting to please the Lord in every area of his life. He asks the Lord to let all his words and thoughts to be acceptable to the Lord. This is a pure heart and a heart that the Lord blesses. David didn't live a perfect life. He made many mistakes including some huge ones, but his heart was continually wanting to please the Lord. He asks the Lord , then declares that the Lord is his strength and redeemer.

Application:

We must all have a strong desire to please the Lord with our lives. We should have a heart like David that desires a clean and pure heart, motives, words and actions before the Lord. David saw his sin as sin against God and therefore cried out to the Lord to keep his heart pure. One of the secrets of keeping yourself pure is found in the second part of the verse, "O Lord, my strength and my redeemer". It is God who gives us the strength to please Him. As we focus on bringing Him praise and honor, our thoughts and actions will please Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to keep my heart on You today. Help me to stay in tune with You throughout the day. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight. You are my strength and my redeemer. You are my life!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment