Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trees Along the Riverbank

Scripture:

Psalm 1:2-3 "they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do".

Observation:

The Psalmist speaks here of those who delight in God's word and meditate on it day and night. He describes them as trees planted along the riverbank who bear fruit each season. He says these people never wither and that they prosper in everything they do. I see here the absolute power of God's word to change our lives. It will make us stable, fruitful and prosperous when we meditate on it day and night.

Application:

This Daily Wash has been the best thing in my life spiritually in decades. It has brought a fresh awareness of how God speaks through His word. I need to be stronger in this discipline and never let a day go by that I don't do it. God is truly speaking and His word is powerful, we must read it, meditate on it, and apply it to our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to grow stronger in Your word. Meditation is not really much a part of our culture, but teach me to meditate on Your word. Help me to memorize scripture and commit it to heart so that what flows out of my life is the word of God. I want to be fruitful above all else in Your kingdom.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment