Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Single Heartedness

Scripture:

II Chronicles 30:12 "Also the hand of God was on Judah to give them singleness of heart to obey the command of the king and the leaders, at the word of the Lord".

Observation:

God gave the word of the Lord to the king and leaders, then He gave Judah singleness of heart to follow the command. Notice it was God's doing all the way. What God chose to give the people was awesome. Nothing will get a job done like singleness of heart. Singleness of heart means that the people had one heart, to follow what God was saying to the leaders.

Application:

When singleness of heart is reached in any group of people, the results will be amazing. No matter what you are trying to accomplish, singleness of heart is a necessary ingredient. When a group of people has one heart, they can turn the world upside down for God. Unity brings God's commanded blessing. I also see here that it is God who gave them the singleness of heart. They didn't work it up themselves. God gives us all we need to follow Him fully.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be single hearted about the things of God. Help me to keep the main thing the main thing. Teach me to walk in single hearted obedience to You. I want to follow You totally and completely. You are my God and I want to serve You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment