Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No Confidence in the Flesh

Scripture:

Philippians 3:3 "For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh".

Observation:

Paul is speaking to the believers in Philippi and he uses a statement that jumped out at me this morning, "no confidence in the flesh". Paul had many personal accomplishments, but his confidence was not in his great accomplishments. His confidence was in Christ and Christ alone.

Application:

Many times today we talk about self-confidence, Paul talked about God-confidence. Without Christ, we are nothing but sinners on our way to hell. When Christ comes on the scene of our lives, everything changes. Our confidence is no longer in ourselves. It is in Him! He is what gives us confidence and not our personal accomplishments. Fleshly confidence brings about pride, God confidence brings about humility and God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. I want to remain humble before Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want my confidence to be in You and You alone. Help me to trust You more and self less. Help me to train others to receive their confidence, not from themselves, but from God. Help me to train my sons to walk in God-confidence and not self-confidence.

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment