Monday, November 28, 2011

A Clean Conscience

Scripture:

Job 27:6 "I will maintain my innocence without wavering. My conscience is clear for as long as I live".

Observation:

Job's friends believed that he must have done something wrong in order to have so much terrible stuff happen to him. He lost everything including his children, possessions and even his health and they were trying to figure out why. Though they were examining his life to see if there was a reason for all this bad to come upon him, he maintained his innocence and knew he had a clear conscience.

Application:

When you know you have done nothing wrong, it is a real blessing. Job's closest friends were looking for some reason why all this bad was happening and he was able to look them in the eye, knowing he had done nothing wrong. A clear conscience gives us confidence before God. When you know you have done nothing wrong, you have no feelings of guilt and condemnation, which hold back most believers. Living a life of integrity and a clear conscience is the only way to go.

Prayer:

Lord, I love You and Your Word is a blessing to me. I want to walk like Job who knew he had nothing wrong in his life. Purify me and cleanse me. Show me every area of my life that needs cleared up. I want a clear conscience in every relationship, every act, every thought, and every part of my life. Let me be more like You today.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment