Thursday, November 10, 2011

God Will Prosper Us

Scripture:

Nehemiah 2:20 "So I answered them, and said to them, The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build, but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem".

Observation:

I love Nehemiah's response to the enemies of God's people. There is no record of doubt or unbelief. He knew God was going to help them accomplish this thing and that what God started, He was going to perform. He says, "the God of heaven will prosper us". I hear no doubt in that statement, rather, I hear total faith and belief that God was on their side, they were on His agenda and He would see them through. You can't fight against a person with that kind of faith in God.

Application:

The key words to me in this verse are "God will". Many times when we are faced by our enemy, we say things like "God can heal me" or "God can help me". There is a huge difference in the words "God can" and "God will". "God can" is a wonderful statement of belief in the all-powerful God and it is true. "God will" is a faith statement that will move mountains. Most believers know He can do anything, most doubt that He will. I want to be the one who knows that He will work on my behalf.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk by faith and not by sight. I want to be a "God Will" person and not a "God can" person. I want to be on Your agenda, filled with Your power, knowing You will defeat my enemies and that your will prosper us. Help me step into that level of faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment