Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No Excuses

Scripture:

2Peter 1:3 "By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence".

Observation:

Peter is telling us that God has given us everything we need in order that we may live a godly life. He said God gave it to us by His divine power and that we received it by coming to know Him. There is nothing you could get tomorrow that would make you more able to live a godly life. He has already given everything that is needed. We just have to dig in, find it, and use it in our lives.

Application:

This scripture lets us know that we are living as good for God as we want to live. Our Christian walk is as strong today as we want it to be. This verse takes away our excuses for not being closer to God and living the kind of life He wants me to live. Let's get rid of the excuses we have for not living more like Jesus and begin to serve Him with diligence of heart. He has given us everything we need for life and godliness, let's use it instead of making excuses for why we are like we are.

Prayer:

Lord, I repent for excuses in my spiritual life. You have already given me everything I need to live godly and complete the assignments You have given me. Thank you for all You have given me and today by faith, I receive all those things and will live a life without excuses.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment