Thursday, February 25, 2010

How would you be described?

Scripture:

Genesis 6:9 "This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on the earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God".

Observation:

I love the way Noah is described in this verse. It says he was a righteous man. It says he was the only blameless person living on the earth at the time. It says he walked in close fellowship with God. What a description for a person! He was not only living for God, but during a time when he was literally the only one on the earth doing so.

Application:

Sometimes we whine about how hard it is to serve God and live in righteousness because the world is so corrupt. Noah lived in a much worse day than we are in and yet he still walked in close fellowship with God and was righteous. What will they say about you when you die? What are the major character traits they will talk about? What will people say at your funeral? Will they say "righteous man, blameless or he walked with God?"

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be more like Noah. I want to stand for You through every season of life and walk with You when nobody else is. Teach me to live righteously every day and let those who know me best, respect me most as a man of God. I want it to be real and authentic. You're the best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment