Friday, February 19, 2010

And He Shall Reign

Scripture:

Revelation 11:15 "Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices shouting in heaven; 'The world has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever'".

Observation:

The seven trumpets are sounded as judgments are pronounced on the earth during the great tribulation. At the last trumpet sound, John tells us that the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever. Tribulation is coming to the world, but it will end in the establishment of Christ's kingdom over the entire earth. At that point He will reign forever and ever.

Application:

The battle that has raged for thousands of years will one day be over and our Lord will reign forever and ever after that point. Sometimes we get discouraged when things don't go our way or we don't see God working in a particular situation. Sometimes we may feel that Satan is winning battles, but this verse let's us know that Christ will win the eternal war. We may have battles here and now, but final victory will come when the last trumpet sounds. Jesus will reign, and then the scoffers will be put in their places.

Prayer:

Even so come quickly Lord Jesus! I love You Lord and can't wait until You are totally in charge of this earth. I want You to rule now in my heart and life and ultimately over the entire earth. Lead me, guide me, direct me, show me and be with me. Build Word of Life into the place that will bring You glory. Grow our church and our people, that we may fulfill Your will in this region.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment