Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ultimate Victory!

Scripture:

Revelation 22:3 "No longer will there be a curse upon anything. For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship Him".

Observation:

The battle of the ages does have a final outcome! God wins and His people, those who have served Him faithfully on this earth, are blessed to inherit eternal life in His presence. Every curse is finally broken and free worship will take place. Finally, we will be His people and He will be our God. This has been His desire forever. He wants relationship with His creation and always has.

Application:

We need to keep our eyes on eternity. We need to allow God to put eternity in our hearts! In the eternal future, we win. Every curse is broken and every tear wiped away. It is hard to think about this and not get excited. The excitement tends to wear off as we face the daily struggles and challenges of life. If we can change our thinking to be focused on eternity, then our comfort here and most of the things we stress out about lose their hold on us. We have a great day of victory coming, let's with this in mind.

Prayer:

God, keep me focused on things that are truly important and will last for eternity. Help me not get sidetracked on pursuing other things. I want my life to bring Your glory, my family to bring Your glory, and my church to bring You glory. I want to live for eternal impact. Keep me focused today on what really matters.

Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment