Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Blame Game

Scripture:

Genesis 3:12 "The man replied, 'It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it'".

Observation:

Ever since Adam we have been experts at the blame game. Whenever we do wrong, we always seem to have one excuse or another why it's someone else's fault that we messed up. Adam, in a way actually blames God for this happening. He says it was the woman "you gave me". He is actually saying that God made her and she made him mess up so really God made him fail. I have heard this in years of ministry as well. God made me like I am. God made me a cheater, a liar, a fornicator, etc.

Application:

We need to learn to take personal responsibility for our sins and mistakes. We need to "man up", do the right thing and confess our sins instead of excusing our way around and playing the blame game. We can make excuses for most of what we do and why we do it or we can acknowledge we have messed things up, repent and ask God to forgive us. This will give us a clear conscience and allow us to truly walk in freedom. Next time you have the ability to blame someone else for your performance, don't do it. Simply say, "I didn't do what I was suppose to do, forgive me". Watch what freedom this brings in your life.

Prayer:

Father, teach us to take personal responsibility for our sins and mistakes. Help us stop playing the blame game. Help us stop blaming others for our faults. Teach me to recognize when I have messed up and repent out of a pure heart. Walk with me, talk with me, and show me how to live a life pleasing to You Almighty God! You are the best.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment