Monday, January 29, 2018

I Will Claim You

Scripture:

Exodus 6:7  "I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God.  Then you will know that I am the Lord your God who has freed you from your oppression in Egypt."

Observation:

God is speaking to Moses concerning bringing His people out of Egypt and using him and Aaron to do it.  In prepping him for the job, God tells him, "I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God." 

Application:

Even though God's people were in bondage, serving as slaves in Egypt, He saw them as His own people.  God has always looked for a people who would claim Him and who He can claim as His own.  We need to walk in confidence in our relationship with God.  When we claim Him, He will claim us.  If I claim someone as a dependent on my taxes, it means I provided for them.  God is our provider and He claims us.  Even though we mess up, He still claims us as His own, we can trust in that.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for claiming me as Your own.  Thank You for loving me and helping me daily to walk with You.  Your love is amazing, Your grace and mercy is unending.  Thanks for making me feel loved!  You are the best Abba!

Claimed as Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment