Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Whatever You Ask

Scripture:

Matthew 21:22  "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith".

Observation:

Jesus had just cursed a fig tree and it withered before their eyes.  His disciples were amazed at this and couldn't believe what they had seen.  Jesus told them if they had faith that they could tell a mountain to move and it would, then He said that "whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive it if you have faith".

Application:

Jesus made some bold promises to us concerning faith.  He said that we would receive anything we ask for in prayer if we have faith.  The receiving it though, was directly affected by the faith of the individual.  I want to be a person who walks by faith and sees answered prayer more and more in my life.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, increase my faith.  Help me to understand verses like this and to become a person of faith in God.  I want to walk by faith and not by sight.  I want to understand this verse completely and become a person who moves mountains and receives answers from God because of my faith.  Once again, increase my faith.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment