Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ephraim

Scripture:

Genesis 41:52  "The name of the second he called Ephraim, 'For God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction'".

Observation:

Years before this moment in Joseph's life he had some dreams about his future.  In the process of time he was thrown in a pit, became a slave in a man's home and ended up in prison.  Nothing seemed to be going right and it was a process in his life that took years.  When he was blessed by God and lifted up to see his dreams fulfilled, he named his son Ephraim because he had become fruitful in the land of his affliction.

Application:

God can turn around any situation in a moment.  One conversation can change your destiny.  Many times we try so hard to get ourselves out of bad situations.  We want to run and get out of it as soon as possible.  Sometimes we need to have character enough to stay and allow God to raise us up in the land of our affliction.  Ephraim reminds me that fruitfulness can come out of any situation I am in.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be a runner from affliction, but to serve through it and allow You to bring me into Your destiny for my life.  Help me to remain through difficult times and be faithful.  I know the plans You have for my life.  Help me to serve well and wait on You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment