Monday, January 23, 2017

Saving and Losing

Scripture:

Matthew 16:25  "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it".

Observation:

In this passage, Jesus tells His disciples that they need to take up their cross and follow Him.  He doesn't promise them that everything will be great if they follow Him.  He tells them they may need to lay down their life for His sake, but that if they do, they will find real life.

Application:

The cost of following Jesus and doing what He says is never too high.  No matter what the cost during this short period of time, as compared with eternity it will seem as nothing.  Whatever the cost of following Christ and how inconvenient it may be for us now is worth the eternal glory of obedience to Him.  We must be willing to lay down our lives, then we will experience real life.

Prayer:

Father, I submit my life to You.  I want Your will above all else.  I love You and will serve You no matter what the cost.  You are my highest priority and I will follow You.  Do what You want to do with my life.  Give me ears to hear Your voice and give me strength to follow You no matter what the cost.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment