Saturday, January 7, 2017

God is With You

Scripture:

Genesis 21:22  "At that time Abimelech and Phicol the commander of his army said to Abraham, 'God is with you in all that you do'".

Observation:

It is interesting what Abimelech says to Abraham.  He realized after spending some time with Abraham, that God was with him.  He could tell that Abraham walked with God.  There was something different about Abraham, even though he had lied to Abimelech, Abimelech discerned that God was with Abraham.  All through the Old Testament we read about God being with people and the things that they did.

Application:

When my life story is told, I want people to say, "God was with him".  I believe there is a place when you walk with God and people can't seem to describe you except by saying, "God is with him or her".  I want to walk with God to that level when it is obvious that God is with me.  I want to walk with Him and talk with Him in 2017 at a new level.  I want to know Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a life that is pleasing to You.  Walk with me.  Talk with me.  Help me to hear Your voice and to respond when I hear it.  I want Your presence and power in my life more and more.  Keep me on the right path and help me not to go my own way.  Lead me I pray.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment