Friday, January 27, 2017

All Authority

Scripture:

Matthew 28:18  "And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me'",

Observation:

This is the way Jesus begins what we call the Great Commission, where He sends His disciples into all the world to make disciples of all nations.  After His resurrection, He says of Himself that He had been given all authority.  Being given authority means someone has given you the right to act on their behalf and they will back you up.

Application:

Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth.  Nothing happens unless He says it can happen.  We need to rest in the fact that our Lord has been given all authority.  We have nothing to worry about, because our master has all authority and the power to back up the authority.  This should give us great peace, knowing that if we are doing what Jesus wants, we are backed up with "all authority".

Prayer:

Lord, let me stop praying weak prayers and let me pray in truth.  Let me pray prayers from a basis of knowing that You have all authority.  Let me pray prayers that require all authority to be utilized.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight when things are not going the way I think they should.  Help me to trust You more, knowing You have all authority.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment