Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Did It For Me

Scripture:

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me'".

Observation:

Jesus is speaking of a future time of judgment when he talks about this.  He says that at the judgment he will talk to people about their works.  He uses Himself in the communication.  He tells the people that they had fed Him, clothed Him, blessed Him, etc. and they asked when they had done that to Him.  His reply was that when we did it to the least of these, we did it to Him.

Application:

When we get ahold of this principle, we will realize that what we do for others and how we treat them, we are treating Jesus.  When we help others, we are helping Jesus.  When we serve others, we are serving Jesus.  We need to treat all people as we would treat Jesus if He was right there with us.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to serve my generation.  When I get to heaven, I want to hear, well done good and faithful servant.  That's my life goal!  I love You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment