Friday, May 10, 2013

God's Desire from the Beginning

Scripture:

Revelation 21:3  "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Look!  God's dwelling place is now among the people, and He will dwell with them.  They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God'".

Observation:

Throughout the Bible from the beginning you can hear one theme repeated over and over.  You can hear the continual call of God saying, "I want you to be my people and I want to be your God".  It seems that from the beginning, God's desire has been to have a people He could bless and be with.  He has always wanted a people who will serve Him completely so that He may walk among them and be their God.  In the end, God's desire is finally manifested completely and He is satisfied.  The next verse says that He then takes all pain away from His people.

Application:

Throughout the centuries God has been looking for a resting place.  He has been looking for a people who will be completely His so that He can truly be their God and bring His blessing into their lives.  He wants relationship with His people.  He wants to walk with and talk with His people.  He wants to heal His people and take amazing care of them.  He has nothing but our best interest in His mind, yet we remain half-hearted followers of Christ.  When will He recieve our full and complete devotion?

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, thank you for pursuing me and drawing me into relationship with You.  I want to know You more.  I want to hear Your heart and be who You wants me to be.  Teach me Your ways and show me how to live my life each day in a way that is pleasing to You.  I will be Your people and You will be my God!

Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment