Monday, May 20, 2013

If You Believe

Scripture:

Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer".

Observation:

In context, Jesus was approaching Jerusalem and was hungry.  He saw a fig tree and wanted fruit.  When He saw no fruit on the tree, He cursed the tree told it that it would never produce fruit again and it immediately withered.  The disciples were amazed and Jesus told them that this was nothing.  If they believed, they could speak to a mountain and tell it to be thrown into the sea and it would happen.  He then makes this simple statement, "If you believe, you will received whatever you ask for in prayer."

Application:

This is a powerful promise that Jesus makes to His disciples.  It sounds simple, but "believing" apparently is not as easy as we think it is.  He tells us very clearly that if we believe, we will receive whatever we ask for.  Therefore, our believing must not be at the right level to obtain the promise Jesus made because many of our prayer don't get answers.  I want my faith to increase.  I want to walk by faith and call things that are not as though they were.  I want to see this promise of Jesus fulfilled in and through my life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to believe You more.  I want to walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me to become the person of faith You want me to be.  I want to see results in my prayer life.  Teach me to pray effectively and to believe wholeheartedly.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment