Friday, May 3, 2013

Wake Up!

Scripture:

Revelation 3:2  "Wake up!  Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of God".

Observation:

John is on the isle of Patmos and receives a revelation of Jesus. In this section, he is writing to the seven churches of Asia and particularly to the church of Sardis.  John says to them that they have a reputation of being alive, but they were really dead.  He tells the church to wake up and strengthen those who are about to die.  We always tend to look back at the early church and think they were amazing and that we should want to be like them, but many of the early churches really had issues.  Makes me feel a little better about the state of the church today.

Application:

This word came strong to me personally this morning.  He said they had a reputation of being alive, but they were asleep with unfinished business in God's kingdom.  I believe there is a wake up call going through the church today and many will miss it.  God is wanting the church to wake up and be strong in these last days.  I personally need to wake up and strengthen those who are about to die spiritually.  I need to wake up and get back stronger about God's business.

Prayer:

Lord, help me wake up and get stronger in Your kingdom.  I hear the alarm clock, help me not to hit the snooze button, but to get up and get busy for Your kingdom.  Help me reach souls and speak to someone about Christ today.  Help me be alert to the spiritual needs of those around me.

Yours Forever,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment